Butter Pie Crust
Butter Pie Crust is a recipe for dough that can be made up to two days ahead of time.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor.
- Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until coarse meal forms.
- Add 3 tablespoons water.
- Using on/off turns, blend just until moist clumps form, adding more water by ½ tablespoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball: flatten into disk.
- Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled. Soften slightly at room temperature before rolling.